Trunk Calibration and Conditioning on the NEC SL2100 and SL1100
Calibrating and Conditioning your analog CO (POTS) Lines is a helpful step to eliminate any potential complications with the analog trunk lines that could hinder the quality of a call.
We strongly recommend calibrating and conditioning each of your analog CO Trunk Lines during a new installation.
- Eliminates potential complications with analog trunks
- Reduces line interference
- Improves speakerphone quality
- Fixes echoing issues
Note: This applies to analog phone lines only. Does not apply to SIP Trunks.
Use an idle, digital phone with the handset in the cradle.
The phone must be connected to the NEC SL2100 or NEC SL1100 phone system.
1. Press speaker button, followed by # * # *
2. Enter the password: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3. Press the hold button
4. Dial 90 68 01
5. Dial 01 for your adjustment start to begin testing line 1
6. Press the hold button
7. Your screen will now run through 5 measurement adjustments
8. When completed you will see Copy? (1: Yes) on your display.
This copy feature will allow you to copy the parameters from line 1 to other line, however we recommend you bypass the copy and test each line.
9. Press the menu key to go back and condition your other remaining lines
10. Dial 01 and enter 02 for the next line
11. Repeat Steps 5-8
12. After completing the calibrating and conditioning on all lines you can exit programming
13. Power down the phone system
The phone system must be powered down in order for the changes to be applied.
Once the NEC SL2100 or SL1100 phone system has fully powered down, you may turn the power back on and make any further programming changes.