Changing Outbound Caller ID of an IP Extension on the NEC SL2100 and SL1100
Sometimes a single user will need their own outbound Caller ID – for instance, if the user has their own private DID. This Tech Tip will demonstrate how to change a displayed caller id number on an outbound call made from the NEC SL200 or NEC SL1100. (IP extensions only)
This Tech Tip requires access to the phone system using NEC PCPro Programming Software. To download the latest version of PCPro or for instructions on how to connect your computer to the phone system, please read the following: How to Connect to the NEC SL2100 or SL1100 Phone System for Programming.
1. Go to Program 15-01: Extension Basic Setup
2. Select the desired IP extension number from the ICM Extension Dropdown Menu.
3. Click the checkbox next to 04-ISDN Caller ID
4. Go to Program 21-19: IP Trunk (SIP) Calling Party Number Setup for Extensions
5. Select the desired IP extension number from the ICM Extension Dropdown Menu.
6. Enter the desired outbound caller ID in the “Calling Party Number” field, next to the desired ICM Extension Number
Note: This change does take precedent over any outbound trunk calling party numbers.