Ringing an Extension when a Call Comes in on Specific Phone Line(s)
In a previous tip, we showed how to stop specific extensions from ringing when an incoming call comes in. This Tech Tip demonstrates how to make an extension ring only when a call comes in on a specific incoming phone line(s). This tip applies to both the NEC SL200 or NEC SL1100.
This Tech Tip requires access to the phone system using NEC PCPro Programming Software. To download the latest version of PCPro or for instructions on how to connect your computer to the phone system, please read the following: How to Connect to the NEC SL2100 or SL1100 Phone System for Programming.
Note: In this example we will make extension 108 ring when a call comes in over lines 1, 2, or 3. But will NOT ring when a call comes in over line 4.
1. Go to Program 22-04: Incoming Ring Group Extension Assignment
2. Enter “2” in the Incoming Ring Group (1~25) Field
3. Add Extensions 101 through 107 to this Ring Group, but do not add Extension 108.
4. Go to Program 22-05: Incoming Trunk Ring Group Assignment
5. For Trunk 04, change the value of Mode 1 to “2”
6. Apply and upload your changes