How do I set up my Voicemail on my NEC SV8300 telephone?
- Press Message or Voicemail button (You can also dial 6000)
- Enter Default Security Code- 0327
- Listen and follow instructions
- State First and Last Name
- Press * when complete
- Would you like to change it? Press 1 for Yes and 2 for No
- Using the keypad enter the numbers that correspond with the first 3 letters of your last name (Example- Heinrichs you would enter 434 for Hei)
- Would you like to be listed in the Directory? 1-Yes and 2 for No
- Record your standard greeting (Sample) You have reached the voicemail of_(Name & Department)___ I am either on the phone or away from my desk. Please leave your name, number and a brief message and I will return your call as soon as possible…Thank You.
- Press * on your keypad when complete
- Would you like to change it? 1 for yes and 2 for no
- Enter your personal Security Code(minimum of 4-digits)
- Press *
- Enter Security Code again
- Would you like to change it? Press 1 for yes and 2 for no
Very important…Press 1 if you are satisfied with your settings. If you do not press one you mailbox will go back to default.
After you press 1 your mailbox is set up and ready to use.